9/21/10

~No Poo Hair Update~

Well, Mom and I have been no "Poo" (Shampoo) for about two months, and have already started to see BIG changes, for example... At first my hair was oily, flat and stringy. After a couple more washes it started to get more and more soft. It was still a little flat but, I was so happy that it wasn't dry! Now it is poofy, soft, and shiny, but NOT oily! Yay! =D

Shampoo and conditioner, whether it is organic or not strip your hair of its natural oils and leaves it dry and brittle. Now, let me just say that "No Poo" doesn't mean that I don't wash my hair, it just means that I don't use store-bought shampoo and conditioner. It means, I make my own for less than $1 per 32 oz. bottle. Which is WAY cheaper than buying Organic shampoo and conditioner! 

A few weeks ago my family went camping, and I decided to use shampoo and conditioner again... But instead of my hair being brittle and dry, it was oily, stringy and just plain GROSS! So now, I am committed to using only baking soda and apple cider vinegar for my hair.

Please comment to let me know if you are going this route, I like to hear that I'm not the only girl who smells slightly of vinegar!

If you would like our recipe for Shampoo and Conditioner click here

Here are a few links if you want to find out more about this "No Poo" thing...
Feelin' Feminine
Peculiar Treasures
Training Daughters, Teaching Wives

(These are only a few sites participating in the "No Poo" Challenge)

 
“But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.”
{1 Corinthians 11:15}

2 comments:

  1. I am also a 'no poo' girl. I love using natural things on my hair. I put a bit of lemon juice in the apple cider to drown out the smell a bit, lol!!!

    R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try this... I'm just chicken... because I don't want the oily hair... but I'm still thinking about it.... glad it's working out for you... sounds wonderful... would love to see some photos.... as for the smell... I'm sure it's not that bad.... love you for sharing this...
    {{hugs}} Michelle

    ReplyDelete

:)