Crust:(note: this makes two crusts, if one crust is all you need, then half this recipe)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sticks chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
DIVIDE dough in half, and flatten halves into disks. Wrap disks separately in plastic; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Filling:(note: this filling recipe makes one pie, if you want to make two, then you will need to double these ingredients)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) 100% Pure Pumpkin (Any brand of your choice)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk (Again, any brand of your choice)
- Whipped cream (optional)
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR into pie crust.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving. (Optional)
And just a couple other sabbath songs we listen to while cleaning and cooking on preparation day...