6/17/10

Justice's Very Blue Blueberry Pancakes

My son Justice is feeling a little left out of this whole blog thing~ So Autumn and I decided that it would be fun to let him post something weekly! So this is Autumn's little brother Justices' addition for this week(Oh! and I just had to add the funny story behind this picture!)~Mom

So this morning my son Justice(Autumn's little brother) asked if he could make some blueberry pancakes for breakfast? I said sure! I left Autumn to supervise him, and I took our dog buddy for a walk. When I returned home the house smelt wonderful! Justice and Autumn had almost finished and said "look mom we made BLUE pancakes"! I of course thought ,well when you add blueberries, you will have some blue color! But when I looked at them, I realized they were "REALLY BLUE"(or more of a turquoise blue)!! My wonderfully creative children thought adding food coloring would be great fun! I on the other hand, started thinking to myself, I have to eat that! O.K. so they may not look very appetizing, but I confess they really are YUMMY(Oh, the food coloring is optional)!!! Thanks for breakfast guy's!!!!
Love, Mom


Justices Very Blue Blueberry Pancake's
Recipe Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups buttermilk
4 Tablespoons unsalted softened butter
(plus 1/2 teaspoon for griddle)
1 1/2 cups blueberries
*Optional ~For VERY  BLUE-berry pancakes add 10-20 drops of BLUE food coloring.

1. Whisk together flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk and softened butter; whisk to combine. The batter should have small-to-medium lumps in it.

2. Using a ladle or a very large spoon, pour pancake batter onto pre-heated griddle in pools, spaced 2 inches apart. Evenly sprinkle blueberries over each pancake. When pancakes bubble on top and are slightly dry around the edges (about 2 minutes) turn. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute more. Repeat with remaining batter, keeping cooked pancakes warm on a heat-proof plate in the oven until ready o serve.

Enjoy!
Chef Justice

1 comment:

  1. too too cute.... thanks for sharing... will be showing this to rainee, cuz her favorite color is blue... love you guys...
    {{hugs}} Auntie

    ReplyDelete

:)